Monday, September 28, 2009

Um, HIATUS!

So, what's the past two years been like for you?

Mine, not so much

STBX (that's soon-to-be-ex for the uninitiated) went off the deep end. We're divorcing. Sad and not what I wanted but the better. It's been a long and difficult healing process for me. Perhaps the hardest part was coming to the realization that this relationship has been so very damaging to me. I've known for years that love is never enough to sustain a relationship. It needs trust and respect as well and without it, no amount of love can save a relationship. The silver lining is that I lost 20 pounds.

Enough about the sad, let's cover happy. So, what have I finished since I disappeared. I did finish the Evelyn Clark's field of Flowers shawl. It lives with my soon to be ex-mother in law.



I finished my first steeked project, Eunny Jang's Autumn Rose. I started two projects from Norsk Strikke Design. And a Bohus cardigan.

The kids and I moved into an apartment over the summer. It's nice and we like it. They spent a lot of time in the pool. They're both going to be such good little swimmers! I joined the church choir and we sang our first song last sunday. It's nice to have an activity that involves other people, like, ADULT people. After church we went to Meyer's Family Restaurant and had a great meal to celebrate the church's 50 anniverary. I can say enough about my church. The congregation has been so friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere immediately made me think of Zion.

Anyway, I'm slowing getting back on my feet and I must say, I am actually starting to look forward to it.

No comments: