Friday, June 15, 2007

Finished, and finished

Seriously, I will get pics up next week. I am going on vacation (thus finished with work for now) but I am happy to report I am DONE with my hooded split-front cardi. I am also 99% done with Annie Modisett's ribbed corset. The knitting part has been done for while but I haven't managed to get the shell buttons I want.

The Split Front cardi thingy, since I can't think of a better thing to call it, is my interpretation of a Suss Cousin's design. Mine is knit from the top down with inset diagonal pockets. I also did the sleeves from the top down. I have never made a sweater before and all I have to say, is why would anyone knit a sleeve seperately then sew the sleeve together and into the armhole? This is far better, only because the completion of this sweater was held up in large part to the fact I did not want to sew the pocket lining together. Still, I knew I hade to do it or not be able to use the thing.

The corset took forever because it was my first attempt at reading charts and was, until the start of the shower cap (F0F), the most complicated pattern I have attempted. I was sure I had nailed the guage but it still ended up too small. When I get the buttons on, I will be sending it to my sister. Up next, the modified shrug. But First, the FoF (ripped back, struggling on).

No comments: