Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggity jog

Back from MN and ND after a fine week of fishing and visiting. H and FIL stayed in MN the whole week fishing. S, D, and I went one to air-conditioned splendor with the grandparents. My folks finished a wonderfu screen porch addition to the house and D really like spending time in there. D kept trying to slide down the Adirondack footstools like they were slides. S loves playing with my younger brother, the best uncle in the world. S also loves playing with my neice, not that you could tell from all the fighting. Kids. S seems to have finally got back to loving the pool and thanks to my neice, was up to the challenge of swimming underwater.

Picked H up on Saturday and FIL seems to have had it with the fishing camp. Probably has something to do with the wood worms he had to keep brushing off his bed every night. H made reservations for next year but I have done some research and will be lobbying hard for a different resort. One with cable, air-conditioning, swimming pool.

Knitting is on hiatus for a while. Why is it that being the mom means vacation is just as much work as working? I have to put my house back in order and the heat doesn't help matters. Besides, my have to correct one corner on my shawl and I am going to try do it without ripping back. I somehow slipped my stitchmarker to the wrong place so I have YOs in the wrong place in two rows. Arggh.

Summer camp for S seems to be going well. Cross our fingers. I hope our plans to alternate between camp, daycare and the Y will keep S happy over the summer. TTFN.

No comments: