Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Knitting unhappiness

No pics because I am just too sad. My Field of Flowers and Shale shawl (Evelyn Clark) was humming along quite nicely, I even had the idea that I would have most of it done with only the edging to figure out when, I determined that I had a serious knitting error and I would have to rip back the entire border. First, in my defense, this is my first lace project. I should have bitten the bullet and purchased a nice set of needles for this but I had my Denise interchangeables at the ready. Denise, while wonderful, not so good for lace. I do have a set of size 3 clover circs that I am going to try to use to rip back but because I have a bunch of YOs and KTBLs, I think I have no choice but to rip all the way back to the picked up stitches for the border.

I hopy MIL will like it. I like the merino I am using and it is a pretty shade of blue from Little Knits. Lane Borgosesia Baruffa Cashwool - Lightest Cornflower Blue, feels like cashmere, but a much nicer price. Also, IMO, an all-over lace pattern is best done in solids, not verigated. While I love the gorgeous hand-dyed varigated colorways, I think I should decide which I am going to showcase, the fabulous colors or the fabulous knitted stitches. I'll see if I can get pictures up of what I am currently calling the shower cap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.